Flight of Fantasy Blog Award! YOU’RE tagged!
Posted by Victoria Barrow
Woots! I’ve have been nominated for The Flight of Fantasy Award (created by the wonderful Sophie Tallis. Give her a follow!) I was nominated by both Maegan Provan (my book sistah) and Tricia Drammeh (our appointed book-mama). She’s been awesome, and Maegan and I are growing steadily under her tutelage. :)
Here are the official rules for The Flight of Fantasy Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 11 things about yourself (it’s a Spinal Tap thing!), including why you love fantasy and your first or favourite fantasy book.
- Nominate 7 bloggers for this award and link to them. (If you want to link back to me as well, that would be lovely but isn’t required!)
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
My eleven random facts:
- I just had my wisdom teeth out four days ago.
- I got in trouble for reading during class in high school. (Better than getting in trouble for sleeping I guess.)
- I’ve always loved fantasy. Most of my childhood was spent dreaming, writing, or drawing myself as something other than human. I’m still disappointed I’m a human, lol.
- I’ve got a lot of favorite fantasy books. Epic fantasy type stuff, I’ve fond of Jim Butcher’s alera books. Other than that, I’ll read absolutely anything that’s modern fantasy.
- I recently got engaged to my boyfriend of ten years. (Wearing the ring since December 8th, 2012!)
- I become randomly obsessed with songs. It’ll get stuck in my head at random, and I’ll listen to it on repeat for a couple of days.
- I’ve always wanted to fly. You know when they ask you what super power you’d have? Mine would be to fly. How sweet would that be?
- I’ve always wanted to learn to play the cello, violin and piano. I played the flute in middle/high school though.
- My favorite food ever is orange chicken.
- A lot of the characters in my books / planned series are recycled characters from the MMOs I’ve played, or RP’s that I’ve done. (I’m a nerd, shut up.)
- I sing things to Maegan over skype between editing/writing.
My seven nominees for The Flight of Fantasy Award:
- Maegan Provan
- Tricia Drammeh
- Shelina Valmond, A Writer Inspired
- Cynthia Dumarin
- Dawn Chapman
- Everyone else! If you’ve read this, write fantasy of any kind, or know a blogger who deserves to be mentioned, PASS THIS ON. Seriously. Jump in, participate! YOU are tagged! :D