Book #1 of the Redhaven Saga Available Now!
I dream in ink
And howdy! My name is Victoria, and I'm a writer. "But Victoria, I've never read any of your stuff!" Well, my dearest internet-browser-slash-probably-reader-person, thats because they're not out yet! I'm still in the process of writing them, but I've made the promise to myself, that in a year tops, when I say I'm a writer, I'll be able to say "-and author" at the end of that. I'm still at the very beginning of my journey as a writer, and as an author.
I've created this blog to chronicle my dream. I want something I can look back on say, "wow, I did that. That happened and look where I was a year ago." It may sound a bit cheesy and cliche, but my dream has always been to be a writer.
Since I learned my alphabet, I've been a writer. I filled spiral notebooks full of (admittedly horrible and amateur) stories, and thoughts, and neat ideas I had. But that was me growing.
I feel like now, in the very late hours of 2012, I'm finally ready. Well, ready as you can be to start on a (hopefully) life changing journey. Yeah, yeah, I know, crappy cliche phrasing again, blah blah. Just stick with me for a bit.
Seriously though, if someone asked me, "Tori, what's your dream? Whats your perfect moment?", I would tell them that what I dream of most is holding my own book. I want to physically open the pages of the book I've written. I want to smell the pages, feel the wait of it, admire the glossy cover.
Beyond that, I want people to like what I've written. I imagine that writing and finishing and publishing a book will be a little bit like having a child – you nurtured it, watched it grow, watched it mature, and then you sent it off into the scary world to see if it could stand on its own. I hope people will be nice to my kids.
So, those are my current thoughts on my situation. If you want to actually know me, read on. I'm not terribly interesting, though.
- Gloria VanderHenstSo excited to get your update! I wish you the best and very much looking forward to book #2!!
- MadchroniclerGreat to "see" you back, Victoria! Good luck getting back into Writing Mode. I went through a simila
- Victoria BarrowThanks so much, Tricia! <3
- Tricia DrammehI'm so happy to see you back in the writing world again. I've missed you. The world needs your books
- Maegan ProvanI am so glad that you are getting back to writing. I cannot wait for Book Two. I know it will be awe
- Tricia DrammehThanks, Tori! Have you seen Honeyshadow's covers? They're amazing. Have you guessed which cover I ch
- A Writer InspiredI'm glad your alive! I was already thinking this was going to be my next book: "newly published auth
- A Writer InspiredWe are a tight community. We should get together more often. How's the next book coming?
amazon amwriting author authors book books chapters crappy writing creative writing dream ebook epub epublishing facebook frost indie inspiration kindle magic music newbie novel novels novel writing ocean original character procrastination promotion publishing Redhaven sea self pub self publishing Siren Snow snow vlog vlogs witch write writer writer's block writer's woes writers writing writing inspiration
- Book #2 is Hard: The Challenges of a Sequel (Now with gifs!) (17)
- I ♥ Books Blog Hop! Exploring the Redhaven Saga by Victoria B. (16)
- My Proof Came! (13)
- 6 Things I’ve Learned as a New Writer (13)
- Vlog #5 (11)
- 6 Things I’ve Learned As A Newbie Writer (8)
- Rare moments of clarity. (6)
- Vlog #6 (6)
- Writing the Next Chapter: An Adventure Into Book #2 (6)
- Results of my KDP free promo weekend~ (5)
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Blogs I Follow
- Hiking Photography
- BOOK GRAPHICS
- Love at First Book
- My Journey in Writing my First Novel
- Fantasia Frog Designs
- CARMEL MOUNTAIN RANCH COUNTRY CLUB
- Writers with Vision
- Sophie E Tallis
- Maura McKeely
- Amaranthine by Joleene Naylor
- KATE JACK'S BLOG
- Juggling Writer
- Brendan Dunne
- The Writing Corp
- Costa Rica Travel Blog .com